1. Dalton Ghetti creates sculptures from the tip of pencils.
2. Born & raised in Brazil, Dalton made his way to the US at age 24.
3. Earned an Associate’s degree in Architecture from Norwalk Community Technical College, Connecticut, U.S.A.
4. He is a self-taught artist who “Sharpens” pencils as a hobby/meditation.
5. His idea is to bring people’s attention to small things. Small is beautiful.
6. Most of the pencils he uses are found on the streets and sidewalks. Dalton’s work is a recycling process. He turns discarded objects into art.
7. To create his sculpture, he holds the pencil in his hand under a strong light source (table lamp or sunlight) and carves it mostly with a sewing needle and a very sharp, triangular, small, metal blade.
8. He works at very small intervals: 1 to 2 hours maximum per day whenever he gets inspired. Source